2.15.2011

Wow, that was short lived.

What can I say. I jumped on and off the blogger bandwagon pretty quick. Possibly in record time.
But I'm happy to say that there is absolutely nothing new from my post back in November until now, February 15, which is pathetic & good all at the same time.

The only real change I could note is that we adopted a now-5 month old kitten from our local SPCA in November. It is absolutely amazing (and depressing) how fast he is growing.


November 2010


February 2011

We named him Buddy. Original, I know.

What else is new... consider this next one a shocker: J & I have also gotten into running. Yes, running. It just so happens that at this point, since we joined the Y in January (with 99% of the population) and signed up for a 5k in May, I can comfortably run just under 3 miles straight. If you asked me this time last year to run a 10th of a mile with you, I would laugh in your face. Why? Because I felt like death before, during & after. Just the anticipation of having to run made me exhausted. And while I was running? Forget it. All I could think about was quitting. I couldn't breathe, my chest throbbed and my legs felt like lead.

Now I am in no means fast - my gazelle-esqe running friends blow past me with my 10 minute mile pace, but considering my inability to run two months ago, I'll take it. Right now I'm just trying to focus on my endurance. I'm surprisingly at a point where I don't despise running, although I don't love it either, but the constant challenge of pushing myself and seeing progress does help me to enjoy it though.. or the fact that I've lost 6 pounds since Christmas. J & I also are taking a leap and are signing up for the Marine Corp 10k with another friend this fall.

If that's not a challenge then I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment